18 in 1
Been away for a while...in the past 18 days, I managed to get sick, take a short trip to Vietnam, get sick again, get my car back (after 4months in the shop), be on call for visiting friends, go target shooting with my dad and siblings, watch a basketball game live, work, bump into/ pretend not to see someone I used to date who ended up hating me, attend a despedida, work, get sick again and catch up with an old friend/crush...not so bad on paper...in fact...not so bad 18 days.
On a day to day account, my activities have been evenly distributed among work, family and fun, so all in all, its been okay, except for the rather frequent bouts with allergies and migraine attacks...I nursed the mother of all migraines last week...it was not fun. I actually thought there was something seriously wrong with my head. Thankfully, the doctor said, I'm fine but I'll just have to deal with my migraines for the rest of my life. At least now, I know how to nip it in the bud.
SSDD's presence in my life has been continuously tempered too. I didn't say goodbye before I left for Ho Chi Minh and he was surprised to find out I was out of the country. It felt good to realize -- yes, you do have a life outside of him and it felt even better to make him realize that too. I couldn't avoid him for very long though, as he paid me a visit the day after I arrived. But it was nice and normal. I realized after a week had passed though, that he still hadn't gotten over the being-together-on-weekends routine, as he demanded for my whereabouts last Friday and insisted that I go home immediately so we could hang out -- that didn't happen. Good for me! I just found myself missing him a little a few days ago. He's really not evil, in fact he has a kind heart, but unfortunately brings with him so much baggage = nothing but trouble. So again, this move is good.
I saw him 2 nights ago. He visited me again and I asked how he was, and for him, it's the same shit, different day too. I asked if it was SSDD in a good way, and he replied -- it never is good. When was it ever?
It was really quite sad to hear a dear friend say that, and not being able to help. But again, that is something only he can deal with, when he finally decides to do somethig about it.
My semi good news for the day is, a former schoolmate/ crush of mine called and we had a couple of drinks last night. i couldn't figure out at first if it was a date or just friends hanging out. So I decided that I would consider it a date...just for the kilig factor. It was okay, I had fun (despite the nasty cold I had). While I think it should really just fall under the "old friends catching up" category, I am still telling myself it was a "date" -- again, for the kilig factor -- doesn't hurt anyone anyway :)
My friend's wife gave birth. A buddy officially hooked up with someone. My batchmate's mom passed away. It's my dad's birthday today. I'm still not feeling 100% well. My girlfriend is almost officially over her "bad habit". My US-based friend is still miserable. My mom will have a different job next week -- hence we will lose our dearest Wynona. Wiggy is in his best behavior...didn't realize how much I missed him. Looking forward to better days and more good news for me and everybody I care for.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home