Light & Easy
I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon in the mall -- yes, in the mall again. Worked for the most part, but upon receiving an unexpected call from main SSDD donor, I realized I had something more important to do-- watch college basketball on tv.
First on SSDD donor...it's been a week since we last spoke and not a peep since. I couldn't really figure out if we were fighting or not...all i knew is, from my end, I was cleaning up my act, and thankfully there were no additional hurdles in the form of surprise appearances in my house, calls, invitations, texts, email...nothing from SSDD donor since the call I missed last Friday and nothing to make it harder for me to resist temptation.
But yesterday, when I received the call, the tone from the other end was different, like, uncomfortable. And the first line was: "Hi, umm...are you watching basketball?" And that was that...the surprise in receiving the call and thinking of what to say disappeared completely -- there's a game on now! How could I forget?! He asked a couple of questions, and so did I -- had to ask something that my mom wanted me to ask and ended the call.
I immediately imposed on my co-workers -- we're eating in Friday's and we're watching the game now! I had missed the entire first half by that time so we had to rush. And to my delight, after heart-pounding action, my team won by a hairline...whew! thank God! Still a clean slate!
I then enjoyed the rest of the evening unwinding with a couple of co-workers who I must say really put up with my psycho-fan mode -- I am deeply thankful. After his 8th Red Horse and slightly slurring, my co-worker finally brought me home. I was pleased with how the day went.
As I promised my friend, I would try to get my daily enlightenment by hearing mass, which I did during lunch...I workded for a bit, cheered for my team and watched them win and went home with a very full stomach and pleasant disposition.
I don't know about the coming days, especially this long weekend, but today, I was not feeling as empty. Yesterday, I was reminded to forgive...so I decided right then and there, okay SSDD donor, I forgive you. I forgive you for probably unknowingly using me, making me your safety net, making me your meantime girl / last option if all else fails, for not giving me the love and care that I deserve -- but then again, perhaps you are really not a viable source of this love and care. In any case, I forgive you. And I too would like to be forgiven. I really hope everything will turn out for the best for everybody with this move of mine.
Today has been pretty "serious" considering how the previous days have been...I had one of those record-long meetings from 10AM to 230PM. I am counting the minutes to get my daily dose of spiritual enlightenment and I'm off to TGIF happy hor with my girls. Looks like its going to be a light and pleasant day and night as well :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home