Same Shit Different Day?

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Calls, Texts and Instant Messages

I got sick over the weekend. I hardly ever get sick -- unless it's a migraine or a hangover or a cold...and maybe every 2 years, an asthma attack. But last weekend, I got an upset stomach. I ate something exotic Friday night and I felt it all throughout the night, and the full effect Saturday night. It was really really bad. Ofcourse I managed to convince my mom not to take me to the hospital and eased my pain by lying on my stomach and drinking lots and lots of water -- what do you know! I drank water!

My friend always teases me and says that if someone punctured my body, Coke would come out instead of blood. I computed my monthly consumption of Coke, and I spend P1,800 monthly on Coke alone...Coca Cola I mean. That is an addiction I really need to reconsider -- it ain't cheap!

I got a call from Singapore-based best friend last night. It was about half an hour's worth of updates on each other's lives. Nice talk. She's fully aware of my situation now and made me more aware that there are worse problems in life.

I continue to get inspirational texts messages. Its like occassional excerpts from self-help books. Good for the soul. I am actually more okay than not. It just gets a little lonely from time to time. A bit frustrating too, when I find myself doing nothing, and I sometimes think that time is ticking away...I should be feeling happy now and time is lost in doing nothing, feeling nothing. Complacent.

I attempted to start deciding on what to bring for my upcoming trip to Vietnam...what to wear? Is it style before comfort? I know the weather is not far from Manila weather, but its Fall season...so I need fall colors! O, the the issues I decide to blow out of proportion! I must be really bored. I ended up falling asleep though (after I tried all my swimsuits in anticipation of a possible surfing expedition within the month -- YACK! Cellulite city. Okay, TMI.)

YM-ing now with a former co-worker and shared my girly bullshit. He said a very nice, yet highly optimistic, almost unrealistic message saying in effect "Madali lang yan, okay lang yan...it won't be hard for you..." NOT!!!!

Got a YM invite by the perrennial houseguest today too. I haven't heard from him since I my great escape last Friday. I can't help but wonder what's up, but appreciate the fact that there has been some distance. Never knew this person to be dense anyway.

The storm has weathered in the office. All is well and peaceful. Its time to hit the malls again and charge my transpo! The mall-rat is back!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Marcus-kos said...

Where and what did you guys eat after I left? Jeez, kayo ha? :-)

By the way, you'll (meaning to our other friend who told me to play coy) be glad to know that nothing happened that night that I left you guys. We just chatted and drank beer. yes, I drink beer now.

However, Saturday was a different story. Met up with "Friday night" date in the afternoon and I didn't play coy anymore hehehehehe Then met up with someone else in the evening and, this time, I didn't play coy. Cute siya masyado eh hahahahahaha

yes, I'm a slut. Bwahahahahahah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home