Happy Pills
I had an unexpectedly busy day yesterday. I was both working and playing. Got an "SOS" call from a friend who needed immediate distraction from life's evil temptations and ofcourse I tried to come to the rescue--pay it forward, as she has rescued my many times before too. So I left the office immediately after an important meeting and declared field work for the rest of the day. And it's official, girls will be girls. These little bouts of depression and weakness can always be temporarily solved by really good comfort food a shopping spree! It was actually fun and exhausting. We spent 4 hours in the mall like a couple of High Schoolers not knowing what to do with their parents' money. We were both excited to go home and star in our very own fashion show with no audience.
Then I get a call from another friend who i SMS'd just to say hi. We met up with him later last night just to catch up. Its been a while since we last saw him and he filled us in on the many things going on in his life -- and o, there are so many things going on in his life...but he is such a comic that I was in tears laughing at all his funny stories. It was a light and happy day with friends -- my natural happy pills. I failed to tell them last night, that just by being themselves...they made me very happy. When I thought I was providing the "distraction" and assistance, I too was being assisted.
I promised my guidance councilor/therapist/conscience/Singapore-based friend that i would start hearing mass daily, starting yesterday. She says I should just try it, see what it does for me, as it did wonders for her. And on right on the first day I fail to do it...but not for no reason I think. But I'm still going to try to do it M, I'll just do it during lunch when I have more control of my time and resources.
Since i made the difficult decision to really "clean up my act" -- (which was not too long ago), the mental lulls have been not that easy to deal with ...so many thoughts, sadness, wanting to forget or push aside, but I'm glad to notice that I was never tempted to go back to my bad old ways...to the same shit I've been in for years. The level of difficulty in dealing with it varies each day, but yesterday, i breezed through it, as I popped a couple of happy pills -- my friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home