Same Shit Different Day?

Monday, August 21, 2006

Uyy! Blooming!

I spent my Friday night like I ususally do, with co-workers in our favorite place. A stone's throw away from our nice office. My friend joined us for a beer just to unwind. She had met my co-workers before and mentioned to me after that one of them is really blooming...I think she is too...and she happens to be (in my opinion), in love! There's a new man in her life who is just making her glow everyday. I'm really happy for her.

Saturday was pretty laid back. It was the first day of a long weekend and I spent it relaxing at home. I wanted to run some errands and maybe have my nails done, but ended up horizontal for the most part of the day. SSDD donor called me, semi asking for help and company for some errands. I politely said no, as I was getting ready to hear mass. He hinted that he might drop by after, and I said I wouldn't be home, as I had an exhibit opening to attend. Thank God.

It wasn't hard to say no. I used to be incapable of saying no to SSDD donor. I would re-arrange my whole schedule just to accomodate him. I realized this after I said no last Saturday -- he never used to do that for me. I mean, if his schedule allowed it, then he would accomodate me, I on the other hand, would bend over backwards jsut to accomodate him. It wasn't fair, but I'm not really counting. I'm not the type who will only give the same amount i get back -- I give to those i want to give to, no matter if they give back. But this time, I think saying no was not so bad. It wasn't a life threatening situation, and I really did have other plans. And besides, the goal is to have different shit anyway, so I wasn't going to achieve that by falling off track and succumbing to his charm.

I went to the first exhibit of a batchmate of mine -- her medium was oil on canvass. GORGEOUS. Beautiful. So nice and so inspired and "buyable". I was very very impressed with her work...really. The paintings were described as inspired by her recent travels around South East Asia -- the real story is, she was inspired by her new boyfriend who she met in one of her trips. Really happy for her...and her inspiration showed in all of her pieces. I can't say enough good things about them...

I went to the exhibit with another batchmate -- a good friend who I haven't seen in ages. I made it a point to catch up with her, as I have been an absentee friend. I was happy to see her again, and even happier to find that the old her --- the we all love, is back! She disapperaed for a while -- got lost in her duties as wife and mother and all the problems that go with her roles. She has now resurfaced and perky as ever! Thank God. We've allmissed her.

Sunday was dedicated solely for the game -- it was game day Sunday and it would be the first I would watch live this season. I brought my brother with the extra ticket i got, and I was at my element. I would have awarded myself heckler of the game if there were such a thing. I was "inspired" by this #^&*(#!( rookie who was a little too cocky considering HE'S A ROOKIE and his team was going against a so-far undefeated team with all veterans in the quad. How dare he trash talk one of them...I could almost read his lips (yes, I had great seats). And that did it, I picked on him non-stop and called him a choker -- and choke he did! HAHAHAHAHA! I was not the best example to a 10 year-old brother with my choice of words...but all is fair in college basketball :) Needless to say, my team won and my brother and I laughed our heads off out of the coliseum. (Intererstingly enough, on the 3rd quarter the dad of SSDD donor sat beside me. How weird is that? Just when you think you've successfully distanced yourself, his father sits beside you andhas a discussion with you in a basketball game. But who cares? We won! We won! We won! 8-0!)

Monday was a holiday. I had no plans, except to escape the house, as my mom's noisy cousins were coming over to talk business...one of their bi-weekly meetings. I nursed my allergy for a bit, and met up with my friend to discuss the itinerary of our upcoming trip. The discussion lasted all of 5 minutes and the rest of the time spent relaxing while drinking coffee on a rainy Monday afternoon.


The Long Weekend was Full of Blooming Things and People:
1. My Co-Woker - literally physically blooming because she's in love (but in denial)
2. My Friend's Career as an Artist - Inpired Pieces with the help of new found love
3. My Friend's Motherly Instincts - she will finally use them on her biological child (and not on immature friends like me) -- she's expetcing!!! :)
4. My Buddy's Love Life - After a series of many many many dates -- he believes he has found the one who will make him happy :)
5. Me- for blooming out of his shadows, no longer sitting around and waiting & believing that that life is the one I want and all I'll ever have.
6. My Life - Apparently, I do have one. I am not just here for me and SSDD. There's so many other different shit to touch!
7. My Team - the impending Champions of season 68

:D



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home