Mellowing Psycho
This week was relatively and unusually busy work-wise and life-wise. I found myself in the brink of cracking under pressure and lashing out at my team...I just ended up with a slight tantrum saying -- "I am not happy. We are not being efficient...this is not like us." -- end of tantrum.
I realized later that there was no need. Everything is in order. We met our deadline and we're all set for the upcoming event. Not bad. Still quite efficient. I guess I was not so hands-on with developments of my plans that made me a bit nervous that nothing had moved. I am so blessed with a very very good team. We are a lean and mean group and I love that we're 95% of the time just "chillin"...breezing our way through buying deadlines and operational concerns...I am so lucky to have them!
My baby girl is feeling better too. We have been chatting on the phone and went on a "date" last Sunday and we found out so much about each other -- and our father and what he thinks of us. I found out really juicy (but also disappointing) things about our dad and recalled a major event that happened to him 5 years ago -- it was all ture!! The rumor was true! EEEEEEEAAAAAYW. i wanted to slap him silly. Stupid stupid man -- got his 2nd chance and almost blew it. It's such old news though, that sisterette could barely remember the details. But wow...what an update. That date did a lot for me too -- I was a little concerned about my sister. I was worried about this beautiful girl I see growing up to be a worldly, mean and shallow lady -- and then I remember...she's 15. I was 15 once. Now I remember! That was when the world was the mall and your friends and your parents sucked no matter what they did. Okay, fine, then she's not that bad. In fact, she's a kind-hearted girl. Very concerned about the people who matter to her. Very sweet actually. I was glad to have spent the entire Sunday with my (not-so) baby sister. She is beautiful indeed. So that stupid guy who hurt her feelings had better watch it! Grrrrr....
The whole week was then all about work work work -- music -- work, work work. Had a visitor -- who else? But it was all good. Dinner with mother then gone.
I just read my buddy's entry-- I'm glad you found a job right away sweetie! Really happy for you and wishing you the best of luck!
Today's TGIF...I actually have work later...but will always make time for TGIF cocktail time with co-workers. I have to make sure I have a good weekend, because next week is going to be even worse -- work-wise.
Cheers!!
PS - I have yet another potnetial "victim" (i'm hyping it up in myhead so I'll get excited), but since I'm on the prowl, i'm not ashamed to admit it..."met" him thru work -- he's actually a customer, and we've been just talking -- finalizing a transaction. I think I was the one who started flirting -- or was it him? I'm not sure. I will see himfor the first time later. He sounds gwapo, so we'll see...or this could just be another really interesting and exaggerated story I made up in my head?...O well, they're all the same...they make me light up, so good enough!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home